Job Posting: Development Associate
The Museum of Food and Drink (MOFAD) is seeking a full-time Development Associate to assist with the museum’s contributed revenue from individual, foundation, government, and corporate sources. The position has a duration of 4 months, with the possibility of a long-term contract and salary increase at the end of this period.
- Research and identify funding prospects
- Oversee all database work on Salesforce, including entering new donations, adding records, updating records, and pulling reports and analyses of database records
- Manage communications with funders and respond to inquiries
- Manage communications and benefit fulfillment for MOFAD members
- Manage MOFAD’s general email inbox and respond to inquiries
- Write copy and assemble all necessary materials for funding applications
- Monitor progress on funding pipeline
- Manage and track all deliverables and reporting requirements for funders
- Assist the Executive Director with scheduling and preparing for cultivation meetings
- Strong commitment to MOFAD’s educational mission, approach, and values
- While previous fundraising experience is an advantage, all are encouraged to apply
- Ability to write flawless copy with strong attention to style, concision, and grammar
- Excels at working both autonomously and as part of a team, and possesses the organizational skills to track work progress and meet project milestones without close supervision
- Previous experience working with databases, and strong interest in mastering the ins and outs of Salesforce
- Thrives in a startup environment that requires adjusting to new challenges and thinking creatively to find solutions
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Experience with design software is an advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit one PDF with the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Two recent writing samples
Please include your first name, last name, and "Development Associate" in the subject line of your email.
The Museum of Food and Drink (MOFAD) is New York City’s first museum with exhibits you can eat. As an educational nonprofit, our mission is to inspire curiosity about food, what it means, and how it connects with the world around us.
Our first mobile exhibition, BOOM! The Puffing Gun and the Rise of Cereal featured live demonstrations of a giant 1930s-era cereal puffing gun. In 2015, we opened MOFAD Lab, a 5,000-square-foot experimental exhibition and events space in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. At MOFAD Lab, we have debuted three exhibitions: Flavor: Making It and Faking It, Chow: Making the Chinese American Restaurant, and Feasts and Festivals. MOFAD Lab has been hailed as “New York’s Coolest New Museum” by Food & Wine and named one of the “Absolute Best Kids’ Museums in NYC” by New York Magazine.
We are proud to have reached hundreds of thousands of people with our experiential exhibitions, programming, digital content, and educational outreach.