Job Posting: Events Manager
MOFAD is seeking an experienced Events Manager to oversee the museum’s special events. The Events Manager will be part of the museum’s revenue team, and will be responsible for dining events, fundraising events, brand-sponsored events, and offsite outreach, as well as private venue rentals. Candidates must have a proven record of executing high-end culinary or beverage events.
- Plan, manage, and execute all special events at MOFAD, including high-end dining events, brand-sponsored events, fundraising events, and social events
- Manage and execute MOFAD’s participation in external events, including street fairs and festivals
- Work with MOFAD’s special events consultant on producing the organization’s high-profile annual Spring Benefit Dinner
- Create and maintain all event timelines and budgets
- Serve as a primary point of contact with vendors and culinary event talent
- Manage MOFAD’s Culinary Council, comprised of some of the country’s most distinguished chefs
- Prepare financial reports for presentation to the Executive Director and the Board
- Commitment to MOFAD’s educational mission, approach, and values
- At least three years of professional event production experience required; candidates must have produced at least one major dining event with 100+ attendees
- Familiarity with culinary industry standards and practices, particularly in fine dining
- Familiarity with chefs and restaurants in the NYC area
- Flexibility to work events in evenings and on weekends
- Proven experience identifying and closing sales opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple demands under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position, including extended standing or walking and lifting small furniture items, such as banquet chairs and folding tables
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done, including menial or custodial work
- Ability to produce high-quality marketing collateral using software such as Adobe Creative Suite or Microsoft Office Suite is an advantage
- Valid driver’s license is an advantage
- Culinary and/or beverage training is an advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit one PDF with the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Two references
- A brief response (maximum two paragraphs) to this prompt: Please describe the best event you feel you’ve produced. Why is this your favorite event and how did it make you a better planner?
Please include your first name, last name, and "Events Manager" in the subject line of your email.
If we think you are a good fit, we will reach out regarding next steps.
The Museum of Food and Drink (MOFAD) is New York City’s first museum with exhibits you can eat. As an educational nonprofit, our mission is to inspire curiosity about food, what it means, and how it connects with the world around us.
Our first mobile exhibition, BOOM! The Puffing Gun and the Rise of Cereal featured live demonstrations of a giant 1930s-era cereal puffing gun. In 2015, we opened MOFAD Lab, a 5,000-square-foot experimental exhibition and events space in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. At MOFAD Lab, we have debuted three exhibitions: Flavor: Making It and Faking It, Chow: Making the Chinese American Restaurant, and Feasts and Festivals. MOFAD Lab has been hailed as “New York’s Coolest New Museum” by Food & Wine and named one of the “Absolute Best Kids’ Museums in NYC” by New York Magazine.
We are proud to have reached hundreds of thousands of people with our experiential exhibitions, programming, digital content, and educational outreach.