Please review the information below and submit requests using the appropriate forms or email address. We do not accept requests over the phone.
School’s out and campers are ready to play, learn and explore in a fun, hands-on environment. We’ve turned our current exhibition, Chow: Making the Chinese American Restaurant, into a kid-centered, self-guided exploration through the Museum. Activities include:
- Explore our gallery through an activity driven scavenger hunt
- See what you can toss in a wok
- Make an origami fortune cookie or take-out box that you decorate yourself
- Experience our smell synth machines to learn how science makes the flavors in our food
- Test your skills with a chopstick challenge
- Use your cell phone to photograph artifacts in our galleries - your photo may win a prize
- Copy an image or object you see in the exhibit and add it to our campers art gallery
- Express your thoughts and opinions about things you see at MOFAD and leave them on sticky notes for other camp groups to read and reply to - we’ll put them on our website.
Summer camps groups are scheduled in one-hour blocks on Wednesdays from 10 am to 4 pm in July and August. Visits are self-guided, and educators will be on hand to greet and orient groups and to assist with hands-on activities. The cost is $5 per child. We can accommodate up to 30 children per visit.
CLICK HERE for more information and to request a summer camp visit. We will do our best to accommodate all requests.
University visits can be scheduled Wednesdays through Sundays. CLICK HERE for more information and to request a university visit. We can accommodate up to 30 people per visit. We will do our best to accommodate all requests.
We do our best to accommodate all requests for group visits and guided tours.
To set up a private tour or to inquire about group discounts please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MOFAD Lab is accessible to wheelchair users and guests who have hearing loss.