The Museum of Food and Drink (MOFAD) is seeking a part-time Kitchen Intern to assist MOFAD's Chef in research, development, and experimentation.
- Research and identify projects for the culinary studio
- Lend a hand with kitchen tasks
- Come in to MOFAD Lab 3-4 days per week from 10am-6pm
- Strong commitment to MOFAD’s mission andvalues
- Helpful, pleasant attitude and willingness to learn
- Attention to detail and organized follow-through
- Resourceful researching skills
- Great at teamwork
- Some culinary experience a plus but not required
HOW TO APPLY
This position runs from March 1 - April 16. Interested candidates should submit one PDF with the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- One great idea for your first kitchen experiment
Please include your first name, last name, and "Culinary Intern" in the subject line of your email.
The Museum of Food and Drink (MOFAD) is New York City’s first museum with exhibits you can eat. As an educational nonprofit, our mission is to inspire curiosity about food, what it means, and how it connects with the world around us.
Our first mobile exhibition, BOOM! The Puffing Gun and the Rise of Cereal featured live demonstrations of a giant 1930s-era cereal puffing gun. In 2015, we opened MOFAD Lab, a 5,000-square-foot experimental exhibition and events space in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. At MOFAD Lab, we have debuted three exhibitions: Flavor: Making It and Faking It, Chow: Making the Chinese American Restaurant, and Feasts and Festivals. MOFAD Lab has been hailed as “New York’s Coolest New Museum” by Food & Wine and named one of the “Absolute Best Kids’ Museums in NYC” by New York Magazine.
We are proud to have reached hundreds of thousands of people with our experiential exhibitions, programming, digital content, and educational outreach.