Development, Fundraising, & Administrative Intern
MOFAD is currently recruiting Winter/Spring 2016-2017 interns, and looking for the best of the best. We are a team that values guests, donors, partners, and each other with compassion and respect, and greets each day with curiosity.
WHO YOU ARE
Don’t have any prior museum experience? That's ok. Were running a new and different kind of museum. You will play a critical role in making sure that the the organization runs smoothly. In doing so, you will be part of the founding of New York City's next great cultural institution. You might be a good fit for a MOFAD internship if you have:
- Lots of creativity and problem-solving skills
- Positive and dedicated work ethic
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively, and work independently
- The drive to develop and maintain relationships with donors, members, and your community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
AREAS OF INTEREST (subject to change)
Find at least one area your skills and experience can best support!
- Development and Fundraising: Have you had experience fundraising and building support for a cause or institution? Creative interns, with experience in fundraising and maintaining relationships with donors and members, will be an invaluable asset to the organization.
- Administrative: Everyone and every task is very much appreciated at MOFAD. Help with data collection and reporting projects and be a valuable resource for all staff members.
We’re a small team, so everybody helps out with administrative duties - from walking to the post office, to data entry, to helping set up the event space! Your role at MOFAD will largely depend on your strengths, passions, and what needs to be done on a given day.
HOURS PER WEEK: Approx. 20 (flexible)
COMPENSATION: These positions are unpaid internships. Interns at MOFAD have access to educational opportunities, awesome parties, shared food and drink, and plenty of treats!
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF document: Cover letter, resume, 1-2 writing samples of no more than 2 pages each in length. Indicate your area(s) of interest in both your cover letter and the subject line of the email. E.g.: “Last Name, Admin and Development Internship” or “Last Name, Public Programs Internship.”
DEADLINE: Please apply by February 28th 2016
The Museum of Food and Drink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.