Summer Internships at MOFAD
MOFAD is seeking interns for the summer of 2017, and we’re looking for the best of the best. We are a team that values guests, donors, partners, and each other with compassion and respect, and greets each day with curiosity.
WHO YOU ARE
Don’t have any prior museum experience? That's okay. We’re running a new and different kind of museum. You will play a critical role in making sure that the the organization runs smoothly. In doing so, you will be part of the founding of New York City's next great cultural institution. You might be a good fit for a MOFAD internship if you have:
- Lots of creativity and problem-solving skills
- Positive and dedicated work ethic
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively, and work independently
- The drive to develop and maintain relationships with donors, members, and your community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
AREAS OF INTEREST
Find one area your skills and experience can best support and apply!
- Education: The museum education intern will gain hands-on experience guiding school and camp groups in an informal learning environment. He/she will assist with research, curriculum development, scheduling, evaluation, and outreach.
- Development: The development intern will play a key role in managing donor relationships and correspondence, conducting prospect and partnerships research, and assisting with summer fundraising events.
- Marketing / Communications: The marketing/communications intern will develop, write, edit, and proof communications materials such as press releases, press pitches, newsletter, and website content. Support MOFAD social networking activities (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) and assist in tracking analytics.
HOW TO APPLY
- Application deadline: Tuesday, May 30
- Commitment: 3 to 4 months with flexible hours, generally between 8 and 20 hours per week
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Compensation: These positions are unpaid internships. Interns at MOFAD have access to educational opportunities, awesome parties, shared food and drink, and plenty of treats!
We’re a small team, so everybody helps out with administrative duties - from walking to the post office, to data entry, to helping set up the event space. Your role at MOFAD will largely depend on your strengths, passions, and what needs to be done on a given day.
Please send the following to email@example.com in a single PDF document:
- Cover letter,
- 1-2 writing samples of no more than 2 pages each in length
Indicate your area(s) of interest in both your cover letter and the subject line of the email. For example, “Last Name, Education” or “Last Name, Development.”