Fall Internships at MOFAD
MOFAD is seeking part-time interns for the fall of 2017 to join our values-driven, passionate organization. We are a small team that treats our guests, donors, partners, and each other with compassion and respect, and we greet each day with spirited curiosity.
WHO YOU ARE
Don’t have any prior museum experience? That's okay! We’re operating a new kind of museum. You will play a critical role in making sure that the the organization runs smoothly. In doing so, you will be part of the founding of New York City's next great cultural institution. You are a good fit for a MOFAD internship if you have:
- A proven track record of creativity and problem-solving
- A positive, reliable, and dedicated work ethic
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks, manage your time effectively, and work independently
- The drive to develop and maintain relationships with anyone from donors to MOFAD partners to the local community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
AREAS OF INTEREST
Select an area that best fits your skills, experience, and goals, and see below on application requirements.
The development intern will play a key role in managing donor relationships and correspondence, conducting prospect and partnerships research, and assisting with summer fundraising events.
The public programs intern will work directly with the Public Programs Manager in creating, researching, and implementing existing and future programs (see an example of our events here). With a mix of imagination and organization, you will help to increase the department's productivity and quality of programming while gaining skills in event planning, relationship building, and project management.
(Must be available Thursday evenings.)
The marketing/communications intern will write, edit, and proof communications materials such as press releases, press pitches, social media posts, the newsletter, and website content. The right candidate will manage our social media strategy based on the directives given by senior staff.
The special project intern will work on the beta phase of a MOFAD Community Cookbook. Tasks will include data organization and entry, submission management, and project promotion. The MOFAD Community Cookbook will be a collection of recipes and personal stories gathered from visitors, members, volunteers, and others. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for food stories!
(4-8 hours per week only.)
HOW TO APPLY
- Commitment: 3 to 4 months with flexible hours, generally between 8 and 20 hours per week
- Deadline: Applications accepted on a rolling basis
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Compensation: These positions are unpaid internships. Interns at MOFAD have access to educational opportunities, awesome parties, and plenty of treats! If you are in school, we can offer college credit.
We’re a small team, so everybody helps out with administrative duties—from walking to the post office, to data entry, to helping set up the event space. Your role at MOFAD will largely depend on your strengths, initiative, and what needs to be done on a given day.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF document:
- Cover letter
- 1-2 writing samples of no more than 2 pages each in length that relate in some way to the department to which you are applying and/or demonstrate your interest in food and culture
If you are applying to more than one department, you must submit separate, distinct applications for each one.
Indicate your area of interest in both your cover letter and the subject line of the email, for example: "Last Name, Development."